Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Break 2015



I wish I could say that I went somewhere glamorous for spring break, but staying in Wisconsin will have to do. The original plan was to go to Arizona to visit some friends, but when a deer demolished my car at the end of January (see pictures below), I had to change those plans. I've had this car since high school, so I guess it was time to say goodbye. Now I have a beautiful Chevy Equinox with hefty car payments.




So my spring break now consists of the following:
  1. Planning my units for after spring break (the Renaissance in 8th grade and Current Events in high school)
  2. Spending time with my adorable nephew... and the rest of my family :)
  3. Going to the hair salon. My roots are seriously outgrown, and I am thinking about doing an ombre so that it is less maintenance than highlights. I just never seem to have time to get my hair done.
  4. Some serious spring wardrobe shopping - thank goodness spring doesn't hit Wisconsin until May! Of course it helps that my parents live VERY close to an an outlet mall with great deals.
  5. Catching up on HGTV and pretend house shopping - my favorite lazy day activity!

What is everyone else doing for spring break? Despite not going somewhere warm for spring break, I am pretty happy to have a week to relax! And I am using the picture below (and other friends' vacation pictures) to pretend I am somewhere warm!


Now I need your help - - after spring break, my high school class is learning about current events. Along with learning what's happening in the world, this is where I tie in the most literacy strategies. Usually we do 1-2 current events a day. Some of the current events we will cover include the presidential candidates, the German flight that went down two weeks ago, March Madness, ISIS, and the Chris Kyle verdict.

Any other ideas on how to teach current events? What do you do to keep students connected to the outside world? I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!
Much love, Kendra





No comments:

Post a Comment